Welcome to the We LOVE England 2022 calendar competition. If you want to submit a photo, you’re in the right place.
Here’s how it works…
- Fill in your details in the online form below and upload your photo(s). You can submit up to three photos in total to the competition. Before you submit your photo(s), it’s important you read the "How to enter" section below.
- Entries close at midnight BST Sunday August 15th 2021. After this date, our judges will choose their three favourite images for each month of the calendar. We’ll then ask our audience, via our social media channels, to select their favourite image for each month.
- The twelve favourites will appear in the We LOVE England calendar for 2022, with the name of each photographer included. And the We LOVE England team will choose the overall winning picture to feature on the front cover of the calendar.
- Each of the twelve winning photographers will receive a copy of the calendar, and the winning front cover photographer will receive a version of their own photo on canvas.
- The calendar will be on sale from September via the We LOVE England website. £1 from the sale of each calendar will go to The Dartmoor Pony Heritage Trust, our chosen charity for 2022.
How to enter:
- Please use the form below to tell us your details and where the image was taken.
- Images must be landscape in orientation (not portrait) and sent through as jpegs.
- You can enter three photos to the competition in total.
- Photographs entered must be taken in England only.
Please see full competition terms & conditions below.
2022 We LOVE England Calendar
Competition Rules & Terms and Conditions
1. Photographs entered must be taken in England. Photographs taken in previous years can be submitted.
2. The competition is open to UK and non-UK residents and all entrants must be over 18 years old.
3. All entries must be uploaded through the online form on the We LOVE England website.
- Entrants can submit up to three photos in total.
- Images must be colour and in JPEG file format.
- The location of each photo must be made clear on entry.
- Images must be landscape in orientation.
- To be eligible images should be 2 - 8MB in file size.
4. We LOVE England cannot accept any responsibility for any problems with the internet service provider, network or other system which may result in any entry being delayed or not properly registered.
5. Images with easily identifiable people in will not be allowed.
6. We LOVE England Ltd is aware that digital photography does allow for some image enhancement. You can enter images that have had spots, scratches or other blemishes removed. You can have worked on the colour or enhanced the image for the sake of the composition. You can also crop the image to improve composition.
7. We will not accept composite images - entries that stitch two or more separate photographs together to make one image, or entries that superimpose elements photographed separately onto an image.
8. We want you to stay faithful to the spirit of the competition, and never deceive the viewer or misrepresent the aspect of nature being portrayed. We LOVE England reserves the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
9. Entrants – including those using drones – must have the necessary permits and licences for photographing wildlife, and should, where necessary, have permission from the landowners to be on their land. They should be ready to provide proof if asked to do so by the competition organisers.
10. We LOVE England Ltd's decision to the eligibility of individual photographs will be final.
11. All photographs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Technical ability
- Public appeal
- Suitability for inclusion in the We LOVE England calendar for 2022.
12. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. Where an individual or a residential or commercial property belonging to someone other than the photographer is featured, or it has been taken on private land, the photographer must seek permission and be prepared to provide written consent when requested by We LOVE England Ltd. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
13. By submitting images and entering the competition, entrants grant We LOVE England Ltd a perpetual licence to publish and exhibit their photographs within the 2022 We LOVE England calendar, on the We LOVE England official website and on all our social media platforms. We LOVE England Ltd reserve the right to crop and / or otherwise alter images in order to make them consistent for these uses. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses.
14. Watermarking and / or applied text of any nature, or any obvious publicity / marketing content for the entrant or the subject is not permitted. We LOVE England Ltd reserve the right to use submitted images where this has been removed by us as per point 13 at its absolute discretion.
15. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions. With absolute discretion, We LOVE England Ltd reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time if there is reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules, acted fraudulently in any way or brings We LOVE England into disrepute.
16. The competition closes at midnight BST on Sunday August 15th 2021. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
17. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no feedback on any entry will be provided.
18. We LOVE England reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and / or if circumstances arise outside of its control.